Summer 2015 Workout Routine

Happy New year EVERYONE!!! I hope it was amazing and the first thirteen days of the year have surpassed all of your expectations. I’m sure many of you are now hitting the gym, eating and drinking an absurd amount of greens, in attempt of hopefully becoming a better person, one you’re proud of being! I, on the other hand have started with my weight gaining game. YES! My goal for this year is to gain a few pounds to look and feel better.
Who's getting ready for summer? I'm so excited to hit the beach and get a tan. I only have a few months to get my ass to work, so I've changed my workout routine just for the summer and my diet --which I'll be talking about on my next post. I, unfortunately am experiencing some pretty shitty laziness. I have been up since 6am, deliriously writing this out right now. But seriously, if you are pretty determined about getting that summer/beach bod like I do, then let's get to work.

Should we start with your motivation or you already know where to get that? Ahh, Instagram. We all know Instagram has a great source of fitness motivations, quotes, and fitspo (fitspiration). I suggest you start following these accounts: @motivationforfitness, @squatspo, @jenselter (my fitspo). IT WORKS! Also, gym clothes! Invest on good sports bras and bottoms for motivation.

The next step is your pre & post workout fuel (which is optional), it's really up to you if you want to add protein shake to your diet. I used to drink O.N. Gold Standard for post workout and it was okay, but now I really want to gain weight and look thicker so I got the O.N. Serious MASS. If you are planning to take this as well, please do your own research first. Some people have allergic reactions with this product so be careful!!! Of course I'll be doing a progress report on this, because as of right now I am 89lbs and very upset about it.
Then finally, my very own product that you can take before and/or after workout. Maca Warrior has 26 grams of high quality protein and helps to maintain balanced energy levels. Check it out HERE

This is my new workout routine for the summer

Monday & Wednesday: Legs, Biceps, Back & Abs (I use 5-10 pound weights)
Wide Dumbbell Squats (10-12 reps)
Side Lunges with Twist (10-12 reps)
Skater Lunge (10-12 reps)
Stability Ball Leg Curls (10-12 reps)
Cable Lat Pulldowns (10-12 reps)
Dumbbell Rows (10-12 reps)
Dumbbell Bicep Curls (10-12 reps)
Close Grip Bicep Curls (10-12 reps)
Crunches (10-15 reps)
Reverse Crunches (10-15 reps)
30 secs of Jump Rope or High Knees.

Repeat circuit 2-3 times (switch up the rotation of each exercise if you wish)
30-45 Minutes of Cardio work

Tuesday & Thursday: Chest, Shoulder, Arms & Abs
Dumbbell Chest Press (10-12 reps)
Dumbbell Flys (10-12 reps)
Overhead Shoulder Press (10-12 reps)
Dumbbell Curls (10-12 reps)
Lateral Dumbbell Raises (10-12 reps)
Cable Pressdowns (10-12 reps)
Triceps Extensions (10-12 reps)
Crunches (10-15 reps)
Reverse Crunches (10-15 reps)
Stability Ball Climbers (12 reps each leg)
Hip Bridges (12 reps)
Planks (15 reps)

Repeat circuit 2-3 times (switch up the rotation of each exercise if you wish)
30-45 Minutes of Cardio work

Friday: Glutes
Wide Dumbbell Squats (15-20 reps)
Squats Thrust Twist (15-20 reps)
Walking Lunges (15-20 reps)
Medicine Ball Squats (15-20 reps)
Plyometric Squat Jump (15-20 reps)
Donkey Kicks (15-20 reps / leg)
Leg Abductors/Adductors (10-15 reps)

Repeat circuit 2-3 times (switch up the rotation of each exercise if you wish)
30-45 Minutes of Cardio work

TTYL xo